10 Questions with our employee spotlight - Yasmeen Kassim
Yasmeen is a Child Psychologist and holds a Master in Educational and Developmental Psychology from Monash University. She is a member of the Singapore Psychological Society (SPS). Yasmeen has experience with psychoeducational assessments, counselling, and evidence based interventions in both individual and group settings.
- What three traits define you?
Energetic, Adaptable, Resilient.
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
- Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
The Dalai Lama, the Obamas, and a really fun kid.
- Where is the best place you’ve travelled to and why?
New Zealand! It has the perfect mix of nature, culture and adventure. There is a vast array of activities suitable for any age and personality type. I got to do a few bungy jumps, learn about the Maori culture, go on hikes with breathtaking views. To top it off, I had barbecues in the local parks and the locals are super respectful and hospitable.
- What are the three things you always have in your backpack?
Phone, Kindle, and Airpods.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
Listening to an audiobook, or scrolling through Instagram – depending on my mood.
- What are 5 words you’d use to describe Dynamics Therapy Centre for Kids?
Dedicated, knowledgeable, friendly, collaborative and supportive.
- What is your favourite thing about working as an Psychologist?
The diversity of clients in terms of types of services they may need (either therapy or assessment), as well as the different presentations and issues each child experiences.
- What is your greatest achievement while working for Dynamics and why would you recommend it to other therapists?
The progress my clients make - there is nothing more rewarding than helping a child (and his/her family) overcome their challenges. I would recommend Dynamics because the therapists are very collaborative between the multi-disciplinary teams.