10 Questions with our employee spotlight - Shimpi Bhanot
Shimpi is a Senior Physiotherapist at Dynamics with over 15 years of experience. She holds a Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy from Delhi University and a Master’s degree in Neurorehabilitation from Brunel University, London.
- What three traits define you?
Creative, Fun loving, Conscientious.
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
Painting is something that keeps me going and I don’t think I can live without my art supplies.
- Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
Family and close friends.
- Where is the best place you’ve travelled to and why?
I would have to say Lisbon. The uphill walk was just so dreamy and transported me back in time.
- What are the three things you always have in your backpack?
Sanitizer, Phone, tissues.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
An amazing childhood.
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
I love to draw and paint and would end up using whatever is handy (crayons, chalks, sketch pens) to draw something fun!
- What are 5 words you’d use to describe Dynamics Therapy Centre for Kids?
Fun, Diverse, Supportive, Holistic, DYNAMIC.
- What is your favourite thing about working as a physiotherapist?
I genuinely believe that having a positive impact on someone’s life is one of the best things we can do. Physiotherapy allows me to do that by helping children with their movement related issues. I see the joy and sense of achievement in the children and their families when I am able to help them with my therapy. This is the most favourite part of being a physiotherapist.
- What is your greatest achievement while working for Dynamics and why would you recommend it to other therapists?
It is an absolute pleasure working in a multidisciplinary therapy set-up like Dynamics. Liaising with other therapists adds to your understanding of the child and their issues. This in turn helps create a more tailored approach to therapy. It is a great place with an amazing work culture.