10 Questions with our employee spotlight - Shimpi Bhanot
Shimpi is a Senior Physiotherapist at Dynamics with over 15 years of experience. She holds a Bachelor degree in Physiotherapy from Delhi University and a Master’s degree in Neurorehabilitation from Brunel University, London.
- What three traits define you?
Creative, Fun loving, Conscientious.
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
Painting is something that keeps me going and I don’t think I can live without my art supplies.
- Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
Family and close friends.
- Where is the best place you’ve travelled to and why?
I would have to say Lisbon. The uphill walk was just so dreamy and transported me back in time.
- What are the three things you always have in your backpack?
Sanitizer, Phone, tissues.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
An amazing childhood.
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
I love to draw and paint and would end up using whatever is handy (crayons, chalks, sketch pens) to draw something fun!
- What are 5 words you’d use to describe Dynamics Therapy Centre for Kids?
Fun, Diverse, Supportive, Holistic, DYNAMIC.
- What is your favourite thing about working as a Speech-Language Therapist?
I genuinely believe that having a positive impact on someone’s life is one of the best things we can do. Speech Therapist instead of physiotherapist allows me to do that by helping children with their movement related issues. I see the joy and sense of achievement in the children and their families when I am able to help them with my therapy. This is the most favourite part of being a physiotherapist.
- What is your greatest achievement while working for Dynamics and why would you recommend it to other therapists?
It is an absolute pleasure working in a multidisciplinary therapy set-up like Dynamics. Liaising with other therapists adds to your understanding of the child and their issues. This in turn helps create a more tailored approach to therapy. It is a great place with an amazing work culture.