10 Questions with our employee spotlight - Melissa Monsted
- What three traits define you?
Hardworking, loyal, and fun.
- What's one thing you couldn't live without?
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
Hermione Granger- she's smart and being able to do magic is just cool.
- Where is the best place you've traveled to and why?
This is a hard one, I've visited 36 countries and I'll be visiting number 37 (China) next month. I think one of my favourites to date, is Indonesia - specifically the Gili Islands and also Komodo. They are my favourite because the scuba diving in both locations is simply incredible, particularly in Komodo with all the manta rays.
- What are the three things you always have in your bag?
My phone, wallet and a charger.
- What's the best gift you've ever received?
This is a hard one, but probably travelling with my family through Italy a few years ago - getting to go to cheese and balsamic vinegar factories and the Cinque Terre.
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
Either finishing my homework for Spanish class, watching Netflix, or calling friends back home (and around the world).
- What are 5 words you'd use to describe Dynamics Therapy Centre for Kids?
Fun, functional, goal directed, evidence based, and multidisciplinary!
- What is your favorite thing about working as a Speech Therapist?
Changing lives! I absolutely love my job and have been lucky enough to work and travel around the world with it. But seeing a client get something right that we've been working towards, or getting that "a ha!" moment from a client, a parent or caregiver is so satisfying.
- What is your greatest achievement while working for Dynamics and why would you recommend it to other therapists?
Becoming a Principal Speech and Language Therapist in our department is a huge career goal for me. Being able to lead our department and support the other therapists in our team is truly a delight. Working at Dynamics has been a great decision for me, our company is multidisciplinary which as a therapist is a huge draw card. It means that clients can be referred easily to the therapy that they need. Furthermore, having a company that is supportive of continuing professional development has meant that I'm able to keep up-to-date with the latest research and evidence based practice in my field.