10 Questions with our employee spotlight - Laikien Daggett
- What three traits define you?
Patient, kind, optimistic.
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
My phone! I tried to leave it once on a backpacking trip, and it made me wonder how people were able to survive without it!
- Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
As someone living overseas, I would have to say my family as I haven’t had dinner with them in a loooong time!!
- Where is the best place you’ve travelled to and why?
Too tough to answer! Traveling is my biggest passion, and I have loved every country I have visited for different reasons. In saying that, the first country I will probably revisit once borders open will be Japan! It was my first solo international trip when I was 18 years old, and I look forward to experiencing it again as an older and hopefully wiser traveler.
- What are the three things you always have in your bag?
My phone, air pods, and wallet.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
A teddy bear from my grandma. It has traveled with me all across the world. More recently, a hand written note that was made with a lot of care and thought.
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
Either napping or playing Genshin Impact.
- What are 5 words you’d use to describe Dynamics Therapy Centre for Kids?
Fun, Supportive, Empowering, Holistic, Inspiring.
- What is your favorite thing about working as an Occupational Therapist?
Seeing that moment when someone achieves something they thought was impossible is the most rewarding thing as an OT, and gives me such joy.
- What is your greatest achievement while working for Dynamics and why would you recommend it to other therapists?
My greatest achievement at Dynamics has been hearing from parents that they are seeing a positive change in their child. I find it a huge achievement when a parent tells me their child who used to hate their handwriting is now feeling confident and enjoying it. My crowning achievement was a child telling me the only thing they looked forward to more than my sessions was going to Universal Studios!