10 Questions with our employee spotlight - Esther Seow
Esther is an Educational Psychologist with experience working in Australia and Singapore. She holds a Masters in Educational Psychology and is registered with AHPRA – Psychology Board of Australia. Esther is also a member of the Singapore Psychological Society (SPS) and the British Psychological Society (BPS).
As an Educational Psychologist, Esther is trained and certified to administer assessments and treatments for children and adolescents with learning and social-emotional difficulties. Esther specialises in conducting cognitive, psycho-educational, and diagnostic assessments for children with learning difficulties, attentional difficulties, giftedness, and social-emotional challenges, and liaising with schools to develop intervention plans. Esther also has experience with assessments for school readiness, international school applications, and applications for examination accommodations. Additional to conducting assessments, Esther also works with children and adolescents with anxiety and weak social skills.
Esther believes in highlighting and celebrating the strengths of a child and using those as a basis to inform support and intervention.
- What three traits define you?
Patient, Kind, Reliable.
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
A camera. Life happens too fast and pictures are the best way for me to remember the important moments and memories!
- Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
A chef to whip up a feast, a florist to decorate the space, and a photographer to capture the memories.
- Where is the best place you’ve travelled to and why?
Tanzania, Africa - Nothing beats witnessing nature in its truest form! And that egg yolk sunset scene in Lion King, it’s real!
- What are the three things you always have in your bag?
Hand phone, Wallet, Hand sanitiser.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
The gift of education!
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
Watching Netflix or playing on the Nintendo Switch!
- What are 5 words you’d use to describe Dynamics Therapy Centre for Kids?
Child-focused, Supportive, Fun, Empathetic and Inclusive.
- What is your favourite thing about working as an Educational Psychologist?
The joy of helping children be understood and heard by their parents, family and teachers!
- What is your greatest achievement while working for Dynamics and why would you recommend it to other therapists?
My greatest achievement is the privilege of making a difference in the lives of children and their families. I would recommend Dynamics to therapists who are looking to work within an established multi-disciplinary team who are professional, dedicated and friendly!