10 Questions with our employee spotlight -Sanamjit Kaur
Sanam graduated from James Cook University, Australia (Singapore Campus) with her Bachelor of Psychology. Upon graduation, Sanam practiced as an Educational therapist working within the Paediatric setting. During her experience, she has worked with children with Autism, ADHD, Specific Learning Disabilities and Intellectual disabilities.
Sanam has been practicing as an Educational Therapist for over 4 years now. Through her working experience, she has acquired the relevant training in providing support to children, adolescents and young adults with cognitive and academic challenges.
As part of her professional development, Sanam has attended trainings on DIR floortime, behavioural management and Dyslexia and Dyscalculia teaching practices.
Sanam has taken a keen interest in working with individuals with special needs. She strongly believes in the importance of creating a supportive and dynamic environment for every child.
- What three traits define you?
Patient, Adventurous and Optimistic.
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
- Who is on the guest list for your ideal dinner party?
The entire cast of “Friends”.
- Where is the best place you’ve travelled to and why?
Bali. I have travelled to many countries, but there’s no place that has made me feel more at ease and happy, than when I am in Bali. Traveling to Bali is my own form of therapy.
- What are the three things you always have in your backpack?
A book, my wallet and my headphones.
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
My pet bunny, Storm.
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
I enjoy a cup of coffee with my book.
- What are 5 words you’d use to describe Dynamics Therapy Centre for Kids?
Dedication to help children succeed.
- What is your favourite thing about working as an Educational Therapist?
Working with children with different learning profiles, poses a different kind of challenge and learning experience, that I welcome, and eventually seeing these children succeed is what makes our role as Educational Therapists so fulfilling.
- What is your greatest achievement while working for Dynamics and why would you recommend it to other therapists?
That I have been part of a child’s learning journey, and seeing them independently pick up a book, to read is success in itself. I will recommend Dynamics to other therapists because it’s an environment that constantly welcomes and introduces new learning opportunities, that is important for professional growth.